- NEVER turn on your LEDs while they are still in the roll. This will cause them to overheat!
- NEVER connect more strips than the amount included in the set you purchased. This can cause your strips to draw more power than the power supply is manufactured to output and may cause your strips to overheat.
STEP 1: Pre-Planning
- Be sure to measure the length of the area you want to set the lights on.
- We recommend having LED lights go vertically up your wall, but if you prefer to start the line horizontal from the top of your wall, you will need LED Strip Clips to help hold up the power supply against the wall.
STEP 2: Preparing a Clean Surface
- Use a rag or paper towel to clean off any dirt or dust in the area you'll be applying your LED lights onto. Doing this allows the adhesive to stick & hold on strongly.
STEP 3: Setting Up Your Lights
- Begin by connecting your Remote Receiver to the power supply.
- Last, connect the remote receiver to your lights. Making sure the arrows are aligned.
- Peel the adhesive backing off the LED strips. Only peel in 8 inch portions to ensure your adhesive doesn't collect dust as you are installing your lights.
- Make sure you are peeling only the adhesive backing from the strip and not pulling the entire adhesive strip off the lights.
STEP 4: Proper Installation
- Start off by applying the beginning of the strip against the wall gently.
- Try staying as close to the corner where the wall and ceiling meet to make sure the lights stay in a straight line when applying them horizontally or vertically.
- Ask a friend or family member to hold the other end of the lights and peel the plastic a bit at a time from the adhesive to help make this process easier.
- NEVER RUN THE LIGHTS FROM THE RECEIVER AROUND THE SURFACE AND BACK INTO THE RECEIVER. THIS WILL SHORT YOUR LIGHTS.
STEP 5: Turn Power on your Lights
- To properly Connect the Remote Receiver to your LED strip, connect matching the two arrows.
- LED Strip and Remote Receiver both have arrows at the connection point.
STEP 6: Check Your Remote
- The remote uses a CR2025 battery.
- Check remote by pointing it at the Remote Receiver.
- If nothing is happening, just check that the battery was not inserted upside down. Try flipping it over and check to see if it is now working.